Day of Surgery
- The day of surgery should be a day of rest. Always be careful about activities where the eye may be poked, rubbed or touched. This includes inserting your eye drops.
- Always avoid rubbing eyes, for lubrication remember to use your lubricating drops.
- Avoid staring without lubricating the eyes.
- Avoid alcohol for 48 hours after surgery.
24 Hours After Surgery
- Bathe in the morning after surgery. Avoid any soap or water in the eyes.
- Limit yourself to light activities and work
48 Hours After Surgery
- Shower, however we do suggest bathing. Avoid any soap or water in the eyes.
- Reading and watching TV is acceptable as long as eye lubrication is maintained.
- Exercise that does not involve risk to the eyes (e.g. Treadmill, StairMaster, Stationary bike etc.)
- Computer work may be resumed. Lubrication is very important.
- Remain cautious of activities where there is a risk to your eyes.
For Any Problems or Concerns:
Call the Alberta Retina Consultants Office +1 (780) 448-1801, someone is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, if you have any questions or concerns.